Today is Saturday February 6Th it's seven in the morning. I couldn't sleep so I had to get up and write.
When I was lying in bed trying to sleep I was thinking about how Eugene is 9 years old now and what an amazing boy he has become because of Jesus Christ.
I'm thinking about where I was at 9 years old, I've never remembered much from my past, but 9 I do remember. I remember feelings of inadequacy feelings like I never amounted to much. A horrible empty feeling. ( I want to add in right here that my mom did what she could with what she had, I love her dearly.) I knew at this young age that I would never amount to anything more than a druggie or an alcoholic. Instead of dreams of marriage and success I would dream of being a slut (like on MTV) or how to be popular in the BAD group. Now I know these as strongholds; thank you Jesus for deliverance.
I have to skip ahead a few years to make the point of why I'm writing this. I gave birth to my son Eugene at the young age of 18; however, I felt much younger. I was unmarried and very child like in many ways. But oh how I loved Eugene- His father and I lived in Bandon, Oregon I set the same patern for him that was set for me. I was doing meth every day, moving from place to place, town to town with my precious son. All the while I wasn't sure about anything but I know I loved my son. For the first two years of Eugene's life he saw stuff a kid should never have to see; physical fights between me and his dad, mom shooting dope in the bathroom, people in and out of our house. Little two year old Eugene had just conformed his life to fit our crazy and selfish ways. He already had a pattern set for his life and couldn't tell day from night.
Eventually Eugene and I moved to Medford, Oregon. I wanted to straighten up my life; however I just became a raging alcoholic, and still moving from town to town in that area and house to house. After two and a half years of insane parties, hung over mornings, and guys in and out of our lifes I was pregnant again with my son Gavin. I moved back to Corvallis again straighten up my life. This time I did-I got radically saved-and from that moment on I knew Jesus was real and was what I needed.
I'm writing this not to give a testomony about my life but because of Jesus Christ, Eugene doesn't EVER have to be bound by family curses and addictions. Jesus blood has set him free all because I have chosen to raise him under the blood. So I am blown away this morning as I think about how God has redeemed not only my life but Eugene's life. And how none of my other kids will ever have to go through what I went through.
Thank you Jesus for dieing for my son, and for shedding your blood to break the strongholds that would have bound my sons life. You have been so good to me way better than I deserve and still you love me and bless me it is jesus that I give the credit for my amazing family.
2 comments:
O cassie~
What a precious testimony. Your life shines Jesus and I am so thrilled to read your story in black & white and to know how God has changed your life! Praise God! You are amazing and a wonderful friend!
thanks so much for sharing cass!:) your testimony is AWESOME and i know God has, and is using it in a powerful way. i'm SO happy you and robert and all your beautiful children are a part of our church!:) :) love you.
Post a Comment