Thursday, October 13, 2011

The title says it all.....

I am back after taking a super long blog break. I need somewhere to journal about my new and crazy life. After homeschooling for the past 6 years I decided to put my children in the public school right down the road. (which I was scared to death to do, but after long talks with my friend Allison, thank you Allison for dealing with all my worries, and lots of praying I decided to go for it) When I tell people this they reply with " o good now you'll get some extra time to yourself" I try not to be rude as I am laughing my butt off. It's just that the last thing I have is free time. My daily schedule cosists of driving kids to school and picking kids up from school, dr's apt.'s, grocery shopping, running to the bank for my husband, errends, errends and more errends. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like it...infact I love it! And my kids love it even more than I do. It's just CRAZY busy! Last night I went out for a girls night out. My SWEET SWEET husband was willing to take our very rambucious children home and put them to sleep while I went and had fun with my friends. (thank you hun!) The truth is that I wanted to bring atleast one of them with me because I feel naked without them. Like I have left the house with no pants on! So I stayed out till near midnight and had such a great time fellowshipping with my girlfriends. This morning as everyone is running around in chaos because mom wasn't there the night before to prepare for the next day getting ready, finding there bags and coats for school, getting hair done, trying to shovel food down my daughter who doesn't llike to eat. The thought crosses my mind "was it worth all this chaos to go out last night?" almost regreting it. Sad I know! Moms need a break, and I certainly did! So I walked out the door and toolk one last look to make sure all the lights were turned off (don't ever do that, just leave the lights on) it looked like a hurricane hit it. I thought to myself I won't be able to come hometo clean up the mess after I drop the kids at school. I have an apt. to go to, and grocerys to get, and kids to pick up. So I got the kids dropped off, only to get a call from the school telling me that Eugene forgot his bag in the van..it has his homework in it so he needs it. Needless to say on this very morning I ended up fasting and not because I wanted to because I forgot to eat for nearly all of the day. Ha Ha Ha! Right now it is 3 pm and I just got my house cleaned and thought I would type this up before I started dinner. I wanted this to be a reminder to myself that even in all the chaos it is worth it to have that girls night out (exspecially if my husband is willing to take all 6 kids) it is so important to stay connected and see what is going on in everyone elses life. So I don't drowned in my own. As my eyes feel with tears at the thought of how blessed I really am to have REAL friends like I do. ( I say real because I had a chance to experience what the world offers as friends ) and how easy it would be to seperate myself because of busyness. My son just walked in the door and gave me a big hug "thank you mom so much for bringing my backpack, I would have had to do my homework all over again. Thank you so much mom" Hey what can I say? I wouldn't trade all this chaos for the world. I love living on the edge....thus is why we are called the Crazy Eight.

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Oooo that was such a sweet post.. I wish I would've gone last night! I was being silly and just wanting to go to bed. But your post made me happy... I love you Cass!
Love Naomi

Cassie Soric said...

O sad! I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. Just putting a reminder out there for myself.LOL!

Danielle said...

Yes it's worth it! :) and u deserve a break girl!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails